Trouble shooting tips
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/openqa/grid/selenium/GridLauncherV3 : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
Tips: Please check your java version (java -version), you should use java 1.8. You can download it here.
Some general trouble shooting tips for Appium iOS app automation:
- When run simulator test, please sure the accessibility helper is turned off in your Settings app
- Make sure the app is compiled for the simulator (or real device) as appropriate (e.g. in debug mode for the simulator), or you might get a posix spawn error.
- If this is the first time you've run Appium, make sure to authorize the use of Instruments. See the UIAutomation Driver doc.
- Tests on iOS may exhibit symptoms similar to a memory leak including sluggish performance or hangs. If you experience this problem, it's likely due to a known issue with NSLog. One option is to remove NSLog from your code.
- Sometimes iOS UI elements become invalidated milliseconds after they are found. This results in an error that looks like (null) cannot be tapped. Sometimes the only solution is to put the finding-and-clicking code in a retry block.